Team STEPPS® - Teamwork in the Health Care Industry
TeamSTEPPS® is a teamwork system designed for health care professionals that is:
- A powerful solution to improving patient safety within your organization.
- An evidence-based teamwork system to improve communication and teamwork skills among health care professionals.
- Scientifically rooted in more than 25 years of research and lessons from the application of teamwork principles.
- Developed by Department of Defense's Patient Safety Program in collaboration with the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.
TeamSTEPPS® provides higher quality, safer patient care by:
- Producing highly effective medical teams that optimize the use of information, people, and resources to achieve the best clinical outcomes for patients.
- Increasing team awareness and clarifying team roles and responsibilities.
- Resolving conflicts and improving information sharing.
- Eliminating barriers to quality and safety.